FACT is a Non Governmental Organization based in Corriverton Corentyne Coast and has been functioning since 2000. FACT is dedicated to working closely with the core unit of society: families; in order to impact the community. They provide HIV counselling, family counselling and capacity building training.
Role in the Child Rights Alliance
- FACT will provide sensitization sessions, child care counselling and parenting skills education to residents of Region 5. They will target 2,000 children for sensitization sessions, 200 children for child care counselling and 175 children for parenting skills education.
- FACT will engage regional stakeholders in both formal and informal sectors: Education, Welfare, Police, Health, Private Sector, Faith Based Organization and Community Leaders to form a regional network. This network will meet to discuss policies and procedures which can be put in place to protect children from abuse. The network will also assist in the sensitization and counselling efforts to increase awareness of child protection.
- Parents at Lovely Lass engaged via community tour.
- FACT conducts community tour in Bath.
- FACT engages Region Five Schools in sensitization sessions.
- FACT and ChildLinK conducted a community tour in Calcutta, Mahicony, on Friday, May 12, 2017. Residents were invited to Parenting Skills Education sessions held at the community centre.
- FACT and ChildLinK sensitized LRTVS viewers on the findings of the Analysis of the Nature and Extent of Institutionalization of Children in Guyana.
- FACT and ChildLinK participated in a radio panel discussion on 88.5 Rock FM to sensitize the Region 5 and 6 public about the Analysis of the Nature and Extent of Institutionalization of Children in Guyana