Project Purpose: Collaboration with the Ministry of Human Services and Social Security, Child Care and Protection Agency to reintegrate 75 children coming into state care and stop the separation of 225 at risk children in Guyana receiving parental care by enabling their rights to quality family life through advocacy, training of stakeholders and supportive services inclusive of psychosocial support and parenting skills education by the end of March 2014.
Key Project Activities
- Training of 35 Human Rights Workers
- Reintegration/placement of 75 children in Kinship/Foster Care
- Provision of Psychosocial Support for 300 children (75 CWPC and 225 at risk)
- Parenting Skills Education Training (PSE) with 100 caregivers (including 75 caregivers of children reintegrated/placed and 225 parents of at risk children)
- Advocacy and Public Relations Actions