Hope For All
Hope for All (HFA) is a non-profit Non Governmental Organization (NGO) based on the Essequibo Coast in Region Two of Guyana as a response to the HIV epidemic in 2001. The agency has helped to address the major social issues in the community with the development of many vital programmes geared towards those people infected and affected by HIV. As an organization Hope For All has quadrupled in size since its inception and now contains four autonomous departments all designed to address different aspects of the disease and its effects on the population. Every year, HFA looks for new ways to expand its services and grow in scope and effectiveness to help eradicate the plight of HIV/AIDS in Guyana.
Hope For All is an organization designed to give hope, support, comfort, and guidance to empower and defend persons infected and affected by HIV/AIDS and clients of all forms of abuse including drug abuse through information, education, counselling and testing and working in partnership with relevant organizations and the broader community.
Hope for All Organization’s Vision Statement: A healthier Essequibo
Hope for All is located in Region # 2 (Pomeroon Supenaam). However, over the years we have worked in parts of Region 1 such as Mourca and Wakenaam in Region 3.
Hope For All offers the following services:
- Home based care
- HIV testing and counselling
- Adolescent development programme
- In School Youths and Out of School Youths (ISY/OSY) Programme
- HIV/AIDS Awareness sessions
- Parenting sessions
- Family counselling
- Home visits and counselling
- After school programme sessions for orphans and vulnerable children in the form of personal tutorial
- Child friendly programmes focusing on art, games and sports.
- Nutritional education programme
- Peer education
- Condom distribution
- Reproduction of materials, photocopying of handouts, brochures and fact sheets
The Market Scope reaches the following target audience:
- People living with HIV/AIDS
- Orphans and vulnerable children