Heavenly Light World Outreach Fellowship is a religious organization dedicated to meeting the needs of the community. Heavenly Light was established in 1960. It is currently located in Albouystown and makes its presence felt in a positive way. They have served their community by providing skills based training in areas such as computer studies and small business management. The church also has a feeding programme, a free day care service and a 24 hours suicide hotline.
Role in the CRA
- Heavenly Light will provide sensitization sessions, child care counselling and parenting skills education to residents of Charlestown and Albouystown in Region 4. They will target 2,000 children for sensitization sessions, 200 children for child care counselling and 175 children for parenting skills education.
- Heavenly Light will engage regional stakeholders in both formal and informal sectors: Education, Welfare, Police, Health, Private Sector, Faith Based Organization and Community Leaders to form a regional network. This network will meet to discuss policies and procedures which can be put in place to protect children from abuse. The network will also assist in the sensitization and counselling efforts to increase awareness of child protection.
- Engagement with Charlestown community continues.
- Heavenly Light engages parents in Charlestown Community Tour.
- Heavenly Light sensitize Carmel Secondary students.
- Heavenly Light sheds light on parenting.
- Heavenly Light conducts sensitization sessions with their youth group.
- Heavenly Light provides sensitization sessions in St. Stephen’s Primary and Charlestown Secondary schools.
- Heavenly Light joins the Child Rights Alliance.